Before you go
A little bit of preparation on the front end can ensure you don’t hit any bumps when you hit the road.
- If you plan to use your HarborOne Debit Card you should contact Customer Service at 800-244-7592 or log into your online banking account and access the "Service Center" to submit your travel plans. Once we know of your travel plans we can notify our Card Monitoring service of your trip to ensure that your card transactions are successful.
- Check your card expiration date to make sure it won’t expire while you’re away.
- Confirm your debit card limit for both purchases and ATM withdrawals, as well as your account balance so you’ll know how much you’ll be able to charge each day.
- Please note that many Car Rental Agencies do not accept debit cards as a form of securing your car rental. Consider using your HarborOne credit card instead.
- As a safety precaution, note your debit card number, as well as HarborOne’s Customer Service phone numbers, and keep them in a safe place, so you won’t have to scramble in the unlikely event your card is lost or stolen. NEVER write down your PIN.
During your trip
Don’t leave common sense behind when you’re away from home.
- Follow our advice for traveling safely: Avoid leaving cards unattended at work, in a hotel room, recreation areas, or in a locked or unlocked vehicle.
- Take advantage of the safe or security box provided by the hotel for your valuables.
- Save all of your receipts for proof of purchase.
- And, when you get home, carefully check them against your monthly statements.
The growing number of fraudulent ATM and debit transactions has caused us to review locations that pose a higher fraud risk. Unless you contact us before you leave, access to your HarborOne Accounts through ATM, Debit Card purchases, and Online Banking access may not be available in the following countries:
|Asia||China & Hong Kong|
|Asia||Myanmar AKA Burma|
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and the above list could change at any time; therefore as a reminder, Contact HarborOne before you leave, and we can note your travel plans and activate the countries during your travel dates.