At HarborOne, we believe education fuels future success. In 2016, HarborOne pledged $1 million over 10 years to provide scholarships to deserving high school students in an effort to ease the financial burden associated with higher education.
Over the last 17 years, HarborOne has provided more than $800,000 in college scholarships and we are truly passionate about continuing this effort to support exceptional students throughout the region.
HarborOne’s ONECommunity Scholarship celebrates and honors a commitment to academic excellence and community.
ONECommunity Scholarship Winners
- Twenty $5,000 one-time scholarships sent directly to college
- Must be a high school senior
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Plan to attend a 2 or 4 year accredited college or university
- Someone in the immediate family* must have an active HarborOne personal deposit** account opened by the application deadline of April 1. (*Immediate family includes parents, stepparents, legal guardian, sibling or applicant. **Personal deposit account includes checking, savings, CD, money market, IRA). Click here for our checking accounts and to apply online.
- Immediate relatives** of HarborOne employees and Board of Directors are ineligible ( **Immediate relatives includes: children, grandchildren, stepchildren, step grandchildren, siblings)
How to Apply
- Please read all instructions carefully and pay close attention to the appropriate links to apply and to revisit a saved application.
- Request a copy of your official transcript from your guidance counselor to be uploaded.
- Please be sure to include first term senior year grades. Double check that the transcript you upload is readable. Scanned Word doc or PDF are preferred no JPGs please.
- Recommendations are not required, but highly suggested.
- Identify a teacher or guidance counselor to provide a letter of recommendation to be uploaded.
- If your school has a "blind recommendation policy", there is an option for your teacher or guidance counselor to submit the recommendation letter on your behalf. Please utilize the "Recommender" tab within the application to send an email to your teacher or guidance counselor.
- The email will allow them to upload a blind recommendation letter directly to your application.
- In the subject line of the email, please put your First & Last Name and ONECommunity Scholarship Application.
- Please provide recommender ample notice to upload your recommendation. With an April 1st deadline, consider asking them to upload by March 28th.
- Once uploaded, you will see the recommendation in the attachments section of your application.
- For the recommendation to be included in your application, you must see it in attachments before you submit the application.
- You may also upload a letter of recommendation directly.
- NOTE: Only one recommendation will be read per application.
- Click here to preview the application
- ONE Community Scholarship Frequently Asked Questions
The 2023 application period has closed. Thank you to all those who applied.
Process and Notification
- Application opens January 15th
- Deadline to apply April 1st
- Applications are reviewed by an impartial volunteer Scholarship Committee
- The Committee looks for well-rounded and engaged students and makes recommendations based on the student’s personal essays, academic transcript, participation in community and school activities as well as awards and recognition received. A letter of recommendation is highly suggested
- All applicants will be notified of decisions in May
- Those selected will be asked to attend reception in-person/virtual in June