Strengthen Your Passwords
Your username and password are your first line of defense to protect your online accounts. Keep the following in mind when creating passwords:
- Avoid using personally identifiable information such as birthdays, names of family members, pets, SSN, account numbers, and any
information that can be found on online.
- Should contain a combination of upper case & lower case letters, numbers and special characters
- Randomized to include upper case and lower case letters such as: deCeMbeR instead of December
- Longer passwords are more secure
- Consider using a passphrase instead of a password
- Avoid commonly used words or sequences such as 1234 or 1111
You should always use a unique username in conjunction with strong passwords. Click here to learn more about creating unique usernames.