Use Unique Usernames
Your username and password are your first line of defense to protect your online accounts. Keep the following in mind when creating usernames:
- Avoid using personally identifiable information such as birthdays, names of family members, pets, SSN, account numbers, and any information that can be found on online
- Do not match your username to your email
- Online banking usernames should not match social media handles or other usernames
- Use a mix of different types of characters: uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and special characters
- Use unique username and passwords combinations for different sites and systems
Use a strong password in conjunction with unique usernames. Click here to learn more about creating complex passwords.