Small Business Pitch Contest
Pitch Your Big Idea to Win $10,000!
About the Small Business Pitch Contest
HarborOne continues to recognize the important contributions of small business owners and entrepreneurs in our community. It is rewarding to have the ability to support small business owners who are making positive contributions to the communities we serve.
Our 7th Annual Small Business Pitch Contest will take place on September 27, 2022, 5:00pm-8:00pm at HarborOne Bank, 180 Washington St, Providence, RI. Reception 5:00pm-5:30pm with light refreshments, followed immediately by the start of the competition.
Application opens July 15. See full contest details below.
HarborOne Rhode Island Small Business Pitch Contest
- Applicant must be 18 years of ag or older
- If you are a small business owner looking to launch a new product/service or looking to expand your business and wish for an opportunity to present at our Small Business Pitch Contest, please complete the online application form.
- Business must be for-profit
- You will be required to complete and upload a Financial Summary.
- Applicants do not have to be a customer of HarborOne Bank to participate
- HarborOne employees and immediate relatives** of HarborOne employees or HarborOne Board of Directors are ineligible (**Immediate relatives includes: spouse, parents, children, grandchildren, stepchildren, step grandchildren, grandparents, step grandparents and siblings)
- Past winners of HarborOne's Small Business Pitch Contest are ineligible.
- $10,000 to a small business looking to launch a product or service or expand an existing product or service
How to Apply
- Application Opens - July 15
- Deadline to Apply – August 31 - Application now closed
- Sample Application
Process and Notification
A selection committee will screen all entries and up to eight (8) applicants will be selected to “pitch” their idea
- Applicants will be notified by email no later than September 12th
- It is difficult to obtain detailed information about the selection committee’s decisions about the applications eventually chosen, so you should not anticipate detailed feedback if your business is not selected
- Presentation will be no longer than 5 minutes and 5 slides in length. Presentations will be timed and once a presentation has reached its limit, the presenter will be asked to stop immediately
- Participants will take part in a brief Q & A with a panel of business experts
- The panel will then deliberate and select a winner
HarborOne has additional small business resources to help you manage and grow your business. Visit Voyage for Business. (with a link tot he page)
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Take Your Best Shot
To assist applicants in preparation for their “Pitch”, HarborOne has a recorded webinar called “Take your Best Shot”, a virtual coaching session focused on developing winning pitches. We highly recommend watching this recording.